Saturday, April 23, 2011

Laid pipes, removed old sheetrock, installed new water heater

The plumbers took timeyesterday to lay all the drain pipes.  They need one for the shower, the toilet, the sink and they need plumbing to get upstairs for the new kitchen sink.  Other activities that happened yesterday include removing sheetrock from the outside (south) wall of the basement and replacing our water heater from 40 gallons to a 50 gallon version.  You can see all the studs in the pictures.  This outside wall is going to get spray insulation throughout.  I understand that spray insulation makes sure to keep critters and mice out of the basement.

Last night, I went to Sherwin Williams to try out some stain.  I guess Sherwin Williams will stain any surface for you...for free.  I brought in a maple board and they let me try many, many stain colors, so I can bring the sample board home and decide what shade looks the best.  The cupboards will be made out of maple and the wood will be conditioned, so the stain will be applied evenly and smooth.  Sometimes with maple, the wood stain makes the cupboards blotchy or dirty, so I want to make sure that doesn't happen. 

I am going to try and figure out how to post our plans.  Although they may be sketchy, you will get the idea of what our plans for the new layout will be.  I will also try to post how the cupboards will look too.





No comments:

Post a Comment